Subject: Re: booting off of second partition of second IDE drive?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@FunHouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/1996 10:22:38
> What I see is that OSBS simply cannot overwrite the Windoze boot block
> that Microsoft blindly places in sector 0.  I don't know yet if this
> is a problem with running the OSBS install under Windows,

Windows 95?  Yes, Windows 95 tries not to allow programs to blindly scribble on
sensitive areas of the disk (imagine that, an operating system that prevents
programs from being randomly destructive!  I'm so glad Microsoft invented
that :-( ).  Reboot in MS-DOS mode and you can have your way with the disk.
(Or simply type "format c:" so you can install NetBSD on *both* drives :-) ).