Subject: formatting 720k floppy
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1996 09:18:09
Okay, I must be missing something really simple.  I created a disktab
entry for floppy3_dd|floppy3_720 and I disklabelled it.  I can read
the disklabel just fine - 3 default partitions (abc) filling up whole
drive.  But if I try to newfs /dev/sd0e it says partition e not avail
(duh, I thought the partition letters on floppies mean density!) and
if I try /dev/fd0a it hard-errors, presumably b/c it is trying to
write as a high-density device... so I get the worst of both worlds...

PS: is /etc/disklabels something from the dist, or did I create that
one day?  What's it for?  disklabel doesn't read from it.