Subject: Re: NFS auto remount?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
From: Jasper Wong <jyw@jasper.hko.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/15/1996 11:13:25
You wrote:
> Quoting Jasper Wong,
>
> > Hi, I've my netbsd box setup as a NFS client connecting to a
> > NeXT. I've noticed that the NFS directory doesn't get remounted
> > if I rebooted the NeXT. My fstab looks like this:
>
> [..]
>
> There's no such thing as 'remounting' an NFS filesystem; the
> filesystem stays mounted, even though it's unusable when the server
> is down. Are you perhaps saying that processes trying to access
> anything below the NFS mount point still hang even after the server
> has come up again?
>
> - Frank

Yes!  That's the problem I run into :)  The processes can't access
anything under the NFS mount point after the server reboot.  Any
solution?

Jasper
---
--< NeXT >--< BeBox >--< Amiga >---< SGI >--< Sparc >--< PowerMac >--
Homepage forever under construction...     IRC's nick (mizzle@#amiga)
Penhold/Globe999/Friendship755       wongj@rpi.edu jyw@jasper.hko.net
-< Table Tennis * MIDI * Volleyball >--| MIME Welcome, NeXTMail OK |-