Subject: Kernel compile problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Conley <Sean.Conley@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/1996 00:53:22
Thanks in advance to anyone that can assit with this....

I'm having a problem in trying to build a new kernel.  Here's what
happens...

% cd /sys/arch/i386/conf
% vi CONLEY   #(make changes)
% config CONLEY
% cd ../compile/CONLEY
% make depend   #no problem so far
% make
making sure the kern library is up to date
cd: can't cd to lib/kern
***: Error code 2

Stop

There is an .include statement in ../compile/CONLEY/Makefile which
calls in /sys/lib/kernlib/Makefile.inc.  This seems to be the make which
generates the error message.

There is in fact a ../compile/CONLEY/lib/kern directory and
permissions don't seem to be the problem.  The directory is empty.

I get the same results when I try to compile a GENERIC kernel, and
I've even tried removing all files under the ../compile/CONLEY
directory, and going through the procedure again.

The odd thing is that I have compiled a kernel on this system before.
 I cannot find my notes on the compile the worked, but I don't think
I'm doing anything differently.  I don't recall making any system
changes that would cause this error.  Any ideas?

Again, thanks in advance.
Sean Conley
sean@novia.net
http://www.novia.net/~sean