Subject: Re: AHA1542B stopped working!
To: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/1996 11:09:34
>That did it:  I'm now happily booting, although it takes 80 seconds
>for the AHA_INQUIRE_DEVICES command to complete.  This is repeatable;
>it takes 80 seconds on every NetBSD boot with the new AHA code, and
>the old SCSICNTL application (under DOS, booted from floppy) that I
>mentioned sits for the same 80 seconds with a "Probing for devices on
>the SCSI bus..." message on the screen.

Have you double-checked to make sure this isn't some kind of
termination problem.  That seems to be the most common form of long
probe hangs that I've seen (even if it "appears" that the devices work
"correctly" afterwards).

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...