Subject: Re: How to write NetBSD boot blocks to DOS disk?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/1996 00:02:13
>Any more ideas?  I *know* people have done this (made a single disk
>bootable both in DOS and NetBSD).  If you've done it, how did you do
>it?

I only have a couple more ideas:

- Try John Maier's suggestion about setting the NetBSD partition active.

- My NetBSD and MS-DOS partitions are contiguous in the partition table
  (MS-DOS is zero, NetBSD is one).  Try moving the NetBSD partition to
  partition number one.

- Do a "ktrace" on disklabel -B to see what it's doing, and start figuring
  out why it's doing that.  I just did that now - it seeks to the start of
  my NetBSD partition, and writes the bootblocks like you'd expect.

--Ken
-