Subject: sendmail and named
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.vs.spy.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1996 00:20:39
	I noticed a couple of problems with my NetBSD 1.1 dist I picked
up.  First thing, sendmail doesn't act normally.  If I try to masquerade
my domain name in any way (either in sendmail.cf or in pine), it sends my
mail from ``dustin@sendmail.cf''  I hard-coded the domain name and the
hostname into the sendmail.cf, and the string ``sendmail.cf'' doesn't
appear anywhere inside of it.

	Also, the stock named seems really mean.  I was running it on my
gateway machine, and it used up so much cpu and memory that the modem
couldn't get a word in edgewise.  It managed to run _OK_ if I didn't load
the root cache and only loaded one primary site (just an inverse
addressing).

	If anyone else has had any problems with these two programs under
NetBSD i386, or knows what could be causing them, please let me know.
Thanks a lot.

--
The Unix/UUCP/Usenet and anything else that starts with a 'U' guy.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>