Subject: Re: pcvt/tset incompat
To: None <robert@cs.stanford.edu>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1996 18:56:45
> > I've a fairly serious problem ...
> > If I execute 'tset -s pcvt25h', or simply 'tset -s' when TERM is
> > pcvt25h, it seriously mangles my screen...
> >
> > My /etc/ttys is correct I think:
> > console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"   pc3     off             # su-console
> > ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty pcvt" pcvt25h on secure       # multi-console
> > ...etc...
>
> Your /etc/ttys is not correct.

That may be, but that is not what is the root of the problem.
The root is that the buffer set aside to hold the termcap entry
in tset is too small, and tgetent() overruns the end of the
buffer.  The following termios struct is being overwritten (or
something similar).

I think a bugfix for this particular problem can be found in the
bug database already -- I remember seeing and reporting this on a
NetBSD/vax installation the first time a month or so ago.

- Havard