Subject: Re: Silo overflow?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1996 17:09:24
> Interesting, I've been noticing a lot more silo overflows recently also.
> I have a 486DX2/6 with 2x16550As and a 1742.  I'm not sure when I started
> noticing the overflows though.

I'm running a 960210 kernel, so the problem is not all that new.

Maybe one reason why I see so many overruns is that I have connected two
local computers with 115200 bps PPP (there's no modem between the computers),
so the speed is 115200 bps all the time.  With modems, you usually get
data bursts at 115200 bps with short idle periods in between.

Anyway, is there anobody with any ideas?

  -jm