Subject: Re: hardware/software for playing MOD-files?
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1996 01:14:49
> I'm about to buy a PC for NetBSD, and one of the things i'd like to do is
> playing MOD-files. :) Now i don't really know about PC-hardware, and i'd like

I don't know if it compiles against the NetBSD sound driver, but over
in FreeBSD land we use a couple of utilities called gmod and tracker.
gmod works only for the Gravis Ultrasound and produces a better
translation of the mod files than tracker, though tracker works on all
the sound cards we support.

Like I said, I don't know if this is any help for NetBSD users but
there you go - at least you have a porting target now! :-)

					Jordan