Subject: Re: Problems with X on new current kernels
To: Kent S. Gordon <kgor@ksg.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/1996 11:14:04
>I have had a problem with getting XFree 3.1.2 working with new
>-current kernels.  When I invoke xinit from a shell by exec xinit.  It
>looks like X is starting, the screen changes to blank , then it dies
>an a login prompt returns.  Any ideas?  The last kernel that I
>compiled that worked was on March 3, so it probably was a from a
>-current of a couple of days earlier than that.  My system is a

I'm running current as of two days ago and a beta xfree86 more or less
out just after 3.1.2 was released.  I do notice that sometimes my
screen is totally white, but it does that sometimes when I'm not
running X.  It works, just white on white is hard to read.  :)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!