Subject: pcvt/(kermit,tip) difficulty with '\t'
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/1996 14:14:40
Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I recently compiled
pcvt into my kernel, and for local programs it seems to work just
fine. When I use tip or kermit to connect to a modem on one of my
serial ports, I get very strange behavior when the modem sends a '\t'
(^I) character to me. As best I can tell, the cursor on my screen
advances to the 80th column, just as if no tab stops were set.

The problem may be triggered by some ioctl (or whatever the modern
equivalent is) that tip and kermit both do, like putting the terminal
in cbreak mode or something. There are some kinds of evidence I
haven't gone to the trouble to collect, but I thought I'd ask whether
anyone's seen this before. Other pcvt users?

pcvt will be completely useless to me if it won't work with kermit.

Thanks for any info!

	-- Robert Kennedy