Subject: Re: How to change keymap?
To: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/1996 14:47:03
>From the keyboard of Operator:

> I have a Swedish keyboard in my i386 box.  How do I change the kernel
> keymap to a Swedish one?  I'm using a pcvt console in case it matters.

Have a look at the man page for kcon(1).

There are 3 swedish maps available (they can be found in
/usr/share/misc/keycap.pcvt), you assign them by typing "kcon -m s1" or
for the other 2 maps try to use "sa" and "s2" instead s1. In case they are
not right, have a look at keycap(3) and keycap(5).

Finally, tell me which of three is a true swedish map :-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
          "Now the internet is provably, beyond any reasonable doubt, too full.