Subject: need 1.1 kcother floppy image w/ mods
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/11/1996 21:42:12
I need to install 1.1 on a scrounged up 8M 386/25 with a Future Domain
TMC950 SCSI controller (I can hear you wincing :->), but the kcoth
kernel wants the sea0 driver at irq 5/bios C8000. I changed the bios
address to match, but for various reasons I don't think I can put the
card at IRQ5. I have no other x86 machine on which to compile a kernel
myself, so would some kind person be willing to make me a kcoth11.fs
image with a kernel with two changes? sea0 at IRQ15 and no mcd driver,
so it doesn't destroy my ed2 again.

Too bad Jason's userconfig stuff wasn't in 1.1... ah well.

Anyway, if you're willing to do this for me, please mail me first in
case other generous people also volunteered first.

Many thanks!

PS. If anyone has the stuff to restore a mcd-killed ed card, please send
it or a pointer. I'm searching the list archives now, but ftping and
grepping will take forever. Is there any easier way to search the archives?