Subject: Re: problems with le0
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/1996 03:47:11

> I have a PCnet-PCI ethernet card as my le0 in a fairly slow machine of
> mine. I've noticed whenever I send a medium bandwidth load at the
> machine (not even a particularly heavy load) I get lots of
>
>   le0: overflow
>
> messages.
>
> I was wondering if this is a) normal and b) if anything can be done
> about it.

I can only confirm your problems, my Compaq-P75 with onboard PCnet-PCI
has reported
 Mar  7 00:05:23 dirty /netbsd: le0: framing error
 Mar  7 00:05:23 dirty /netbsd: le0: crc mismatch
 Mar  7 00:05:24 dirty /netbsd: le0: framing error
 Mar  7 00:05:24 dirty /netbsd: le0: crc mismatch

Also it seems to give le0-carrier dropped message when moved a bit when
running.

Only problem that I had so far, that might be related is: If I write to disc
that is nq-nfs mounted from that machine with NetBSD-1.1-i486/25-3c509 machine
the ahc-SCSI controller can die with more than 256dma segs message.

The mount works ok to NetBSD-sparc and various other machines.

--
 Jarkko.Torppa@cute.fi     +358-0-648090          Cute Communications Oy