Subject: Problems with first install
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@mars.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/09/1996 19:09:00
	(BTW, while I'm on the list at home, too... I'm trying to hash
this out at work tonight... so please reply to the above address).

	I'm running my first install of NetBSD on a 386/44.  The
important thing is that I've only got 2 40 meg drives on the poor
thing.  Anyways, to make a long story short, I want to make the first
drive half root and half swap.

	After going through the installation process, it creates a
disk with 4 partitions (a,b,c,d) where a and b are correctly sized
root and swap.  C and D are set to the whole disk.  When I go to boot
off of the disk (after installing the kernel), the boot program
insists that the disklabel is bad.

	Ideas?

	(I'm going to learn ed).

Dave.