Subject: Re: Quake update
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/1996 11:42:45
tsarna@endicor.com (Ty Sarna)  wrote:
 > In article <199603011546.KAA01274@zygorthian-space-raiders.MIT.EDU>,
 > Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu> wrote:
 > > I've got 16-bit sound working on a SoundBlaster under DOOM.  Quake
 > > requires a little more work, but should be fairly easy.
 > Now I know why we haven't got a merged VM/buffer cache, bounce buffers,
 > etc. ;-)

Yup. It's because people like you just sit there and wait for everyone
else to do the work and complain about it when it doesn't get done...

Just to reiterate what everyone always reiterates:

This is a volunteer project... People work on the things they're
interested in... If you want someone to work on stuff they're not
interested in working on, then get out your checkbook.

Obviously you're interested in a merged VM/buffer-cache and bounce-
buffers... I look forward to seeing your implementation...