Subject: Re: Atapi CD-ROM
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/1996 17:39:26
Markus Illenseer said:

>  Just a stoopid question: I was about to install NetBSD on a dedicated IDE
> drive from a CD-ROM (CD-R). All worked perfect until I tried to mount the
> CD-ROM.
>
>  Is it possible that the kernel kcoht-11 does not have support for Atapi CD?
> Or is it that there is simply a device node in /dev missing?

There is no support for ATAPI in 1.1. I've wrotten a driver for that, you
can get it via anonymous ftp from lix.polytechnique.fr, in /pub/manu.

You will need to recompile a kernel. I can also send you a -current kernel,
which should work fine with your 1.1 binaries.

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr