Subject: Re: DigiBoard drivers?
To: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1996 14:45:47
On Sun, 4 Feb 1996, Operator wrote:

> Yes, I'm really fond of serial cards ;-)  Is there a driver for DigiBoard
> PC/4?  This board has four serial ports which share one interrupt line.
> No other intelligence on the board.  Maybe some other existing driver could
> be used, if no DigiBoard driver has been written?

One thing that should work is to nail the com ports into your config
using the same irq's.

Proper driver for that card is somewhat hard to do at the moment.
 - there is no information how to use the configuration ports of
   the card
 - current isa code wants all io-ports to be in a continuos block.

first problem should'nt be too hard to fix, but when that digiboard card
costs about 8x times more that a similar dumb card i doubt if it is worth
the time.

As I understand there might be new ISA code coming someday, i hope that
will correct the second case.

--
 Jarkko.Torppa@cute.fi     +358-0-648090          Cute Communications Oy