Subject: Re: Using an Adaptec 2842 Controller w/ NetBSD 1.1 and 2940 support
To: Erik M. Theisen <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/1996 12:45:26
First, one comment on your email addresses.  :)

That shouldn't leave your machine in that form.  It causes repl to die
unless I edit the cc: line.  :)

Have you run the surface scan in the Adaptec BIOS?  I would almost
guess a bad drive, bad cabling, or bad termination.

I once had both of the bottom and got random errors (non-media type
from the 1542 I had at that time) and ended up with a corrupted /usr.
I had to newfs the thing to make it go again -- fsck was not enough.

Michael Graff <>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!