Subject: Re: gcc 2.7.2 -fstrength-reduce bug?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/31/1995 03:22:13
>     Has anyone heard about this bug? Apparently, -fstrength-reduce
>can cause trouble on the i386, and it's enabled by default by
>-O2. Kernels are compiled with -O6, so it sounds like this could be
>causing some problems... A workaround is to add -fno-strength-reduce
>to your CFLAGS.

What kind of trouble?  I've compiled kernels with 2.7.2 and have had
no problems I can attribute to 2.7.2.

I DO have one problem with one machine -- it seems pcvt is really
upset and doesn't update the screen correctly at all.  I'm not certain
it isn't a hardware problem though -- I can't get ghostscript to run
on the machine either, even though the installations are identical on
both my machines.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!