Subject: adaptec SCSI woes
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David <david@southern.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1995 18:24:32
	I have an adaptec 1542C/CF with two quantum drives
	(sd0: 1gb PD1050iS
	 sd1: 4gb XP34301)
	The second drive has started to fail with the following messages:

sd1(aha0:6:0): non-media hardware failure, data = 00 00 00 00 15 00 00 80 00 09
sd1(aha0:6:0): non-media hardware failure, data = 00 00 00 00 09 91 00 80 00 00

	after this point (assuming the machine does not panic :) sd0
	is fine, but accesses to sd1 fail with a repeat of the second
	line above.

	I guess its a simple case of drive failure, but wondered if anyone
	could confirm/deny his before I start screaming at my supplier
	(the disk has been running for a couple of weeks)

	(I cant get access to the machine until the 3rd, and its running as
	a router & nfs server for a cluster of other machines which are being
	used, so I'm being a little carefult with what I do :)

                  David/abs             (david@southern.com)