Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of isa
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/1995 11:09:40
Jordan,

You say that there is 'too much water under the bridge'.  If the response
is lukewarm, I would say that not enough water has gone under the bridge
yet, otherwise we could release NetBSD 1.2, you could release FreeBSD
version whatever, and we could all fall back, regroup and release
Berklix 1.0 or whatever.  The fact that there remain egos and other
impediments to the joining of the two camps would indicate that things
haven't mellowed out enough yet.

I'd still like to see a single concentrated effort myself, as I think
it would be a better contender against Microshaft and AT&T UNIX.

[Of course if NetBSD comes out looking like AT&T UNIX I think I'll give
up completely and go cattle ranching or something.]

				--*greywolf;
--
Mankind should spend much more effort on education, escalating their levels of
intellect to those currently enjoyed by the upper minority, rather than forcing