Subject: Problem with -current and serial ports?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/24/1995 13:51:35
   I recently did a full build (minus libg++ and groff to get around
-Werror problems between the new gcc and old c++ code) and built a
new kernel from -current. Most things seemed fine, except for my
PPP connection. It would dial, connect, and work for a short time,
but then the modem just stopped transmitting, and nothing would
talk to the modem afterwards until a warm boot. Going back to a 1.1
kernel got things working again, so I'd guess that the problem is
with the kernel, or perhaps compiling the kernel with the new gcc.
Has anyone else tried this? Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts