Subject: Re: SCSI troubles with ASUS P/I-P55TP4XE and PCI-SC200...
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/20/1995 13:22:19
Ted Lemon writes:
> Just to document my SCSI problem (I suspect it's just the timing
> glitch everybody's been complaining about), I'm using the
> aforementioned board with a 133MHz Pentium and the 512K pipeline
> cache, and when I tried to install NetBSD 1.1 last night, I got
> frequent SCSI resets and then finally the system just hung.

Interesting. I have an identical machine from what you've just
mentioned, and it is running just fine.

A lot of these problems are dependent on the particular version of the
NCR driver you are using and your disk drive. Could you say what drive
you are using, and are you using the boot floppies/kernels from the
1.1 distribution on the ftp site?

Perry