Subject: Re: XF86 on Diamond Stealth PCI?
To: None <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Chris Jones <chrisj@rh0016.roma.tlsoft.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/1995 10:28:24
I would also be interested in this. I'm using a Diamond Stealth video
64 VRAM 3200 PCI with FreeBSD. The chipset (on the board) is

86C968 - P ( S3 968 )
TVP3026 - 220 PCE (integrated RamDac and Clock Chip)

I hacked SuperProbe last night to get it to identify these chips. This
version of the 968 has a different id number (0xF0). The TI chip seems
to be a superset of the TVP3020/5 but has a funny ID code (can't
remember off hand but not 0x26). I'm hoping the Xserver code will work
at least a subset of the functionality of these chips.

I'm using 3.1.1 XF86 I Haven't had a chance to look at 3.1.2 to see if
there is better S3 support.

> Now, I have a Diamond Stealth 64 2001 PCI graphics controller, on which I
> would like to run X windows.  The manual does not, of course, explain what
> chipset is actually present, and what's worse, SuperProbe cannot find it.
> I suspect that this may be because of one of those "unknown PCI controller"
> boot messages.  Is anyone else running one of these successfully, and if so
> what do I need to do to make it work?  Or, am I definitively out of luck
> until the PCI support improves?

I don't know what chip set is on a Diamond Stealth video 64 2100 PCI
try looking on the board. I don't think this is a PCI problem. I
managed to run the normal XF86_VGA server without mods. The resolution
sucks though.

cj

--
Chris Jones.			- looking for work!