Subject: Re: ASUS P55TP4 motherboard experiences?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1995 11:43:19
My thought on memory parity is that it is a holdover from the dark
ages of computing and isn't really needed anymore.  I would be
perfectly happy buying non-parity memory and motherboard at least.

>Ouch.   So can anybody recommend a different PCI motherboard that
>*has* parity?   After looking over the ASUS page and the Intel page,
>it looks like anything that supports EDO memory doesn't support
>parity.   Sigh.   The really depressing thing is that after reading
>over the ASUS archives, it looks like most people who ask about parity
>actually want to know if they *have* to buy parity memory, or if
>non-parity memory will do.   Duh.   :'(

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!