Subject: Problems with the i386 boot code
To: port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Witte <mike@reliant.rhein.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1995 21:23:19
Hello!

I do have a big problem regarding the i386 boot code. I installed NetBSD
1.1 on my hard disk and everything went fine.. up to the point when I tried
to boot off it. When the bios has finished memory-test and starts the
NetBSD-Boot Code, it just says 'Read error' and hangs itself up. Putting
the same hard disc in the Computer of my brother results in normal boot and
everything's fine. Does anyone know of this problem or have the same
problems?
I do have A 486DX4-100 Cyrix CPU and a 486 PCI motherboard with
Phoenix-BIOS, 2 FIFOs and E-IDE controller on - board. My brother has a
486DX2-80 AMD and a VLB-motherboard, and a standard vlb-controller.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Witte.