Subject: NetBSD_ALPHA1.1: No PCI-PCI Bridge support?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/1995 22:31:17
I have brought up 1.1_ALPHA from ftp.wasabi.com up on my Pentium.

I was surpised to get the following message:

pci0 bus 0 device 9: unknown vendor/product: 0x1011/0x0001 (class: bridge,
subclass: PCI, revision: 0x01) not configured

This is a DC21050 and is PCI-PCI Bridge (sitting behind the PPB are
DC21040s).  I am quite surprised that PPBs are not supported considering
how widely they are being used.

Is PPB support planned to be a port-1.1 item?

Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    <currently homeless>
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: Digital disavows all knowledge
                                      of this message