Subject: Re: Installation problems
To: None <richard.ellis@kpmg.co.uk>
From: Brandon Reed (alaric) <reed@engr.orst.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1995 13:23:20
I get these kinds of errors if I set the access time on my eide
controller faster than my slower drive can handle,
Mine has settings for 600ns -- 50ns.

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995 richard.ellis@kpmg.co.uk wrote:

>      Can someone please help me with a problem I am having installing
>      netbsd 1.0. I have a dell optiplex xl/575 with a 1gb ide disk. The
>      installation is fine until it tries to label the disk when the
>      following error is displayed
>                wdc0: lost interrupt: error 0: status 0:
>      The installation loops continuosly displaying this error. The disk
>      geometry (according to the bios) is 528 cyls 64 heads 63 sectors. On
>      bootup netbsd sees it as 2112/16/63 I have tried using both geometries
>       for the installation but get the same result.
>
>      Any help would be appreciated.
>
>      TIA
>
>      Richard Ellis

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed