Subject: Re: Problems with a AHA-1542CP SCSI controller !
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/1995 14:15:52
Hi Vince,

> My system boot fine until it finds the SCSI controller. It tells me if
> finds the Card at IO 0x300 IRQ 11
>
> the I get this:
>
> scsibus 0 at aha0
>
> probe0 (aha 0:0:0) timeout
> adapter not take commands. frozen
> panic
>
> Any ideal ?

Well, I _think_ I struggled with the same problem. For some unknown
reason someone seems to have changed the default values for some
interrupts. My card, an AHA-1515 with Bios, gave a similar message, because
the hostadapter was set to the default interrupt 11, but NetBSD expected
it to be on 12. This lead to a timeout msg just like the one above.

Double check your 1542 and see, which interrupt it is configured to,
then compare this with the NetBSD boot msg. (IRQ 11, and IO 0x300)
which you describe above. and adjust either the kernel or the settings
on the hostadapter.

Hope that helped.

  Guenther