Subject: New kernels don't CR in X
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Dante <rdante@garlic.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/19/1995 19:22:10
I've been running my Oct 5 kernel because every kernel starting with Oct 8
and beyond has this problem:

When I hit <enter> in an xterm I get a linefeed but no CR.  Thus the pr
my prompt scrolls to the right of the screen.

I'm running The Accelerated-X server (matrox millenium) with Xfree 3.1.2
clients btw.

Also, I can't build a kernel from Oct 18 sources with freebsd binary support
built in.  This is what I get when it's getting linked together:

ld -x -z -T F8100000 -o netbsd -e start ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
freebsd_sysent.o: Undefined symbol `_getppid' referenced from data segment
*** Error code 1

Rick Dante
rdante@garlic.com