Subject: 2nd SCSI adapter, what to get?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1995 17:28:05
Ok, my scsi chain hanging off zen's ah1542b has hit its limit.  There
is still one target left, but adding an extra .5m of cable stops the
bus from working... total length is already well over the limit I
suspect.

So, its time to bite the bullet and seriously think about adding a 2nd
SCSI bus.

System is i486DX33 ISA bus with 16Mb RAM, the ah1542b, three serial
ports, two parallel ports, IDE controler...

Hmm, I better check if I have any IRQ's available... :-)

The ah1542b has been trouble free but these are not available anymore.

I'm pretty well limited to major brands unless I want to import it
myself... so, what is the current favourite ISA SCSI adapter?  It will
end up with about 4 devices, as I'll take the opportunity to split the
load across the two adapters.

Recommendations highly welcome.

--sjg