Subject: ktrace in 1.0
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/1995 14:45:15
I'm having some trouble getting the ktrace command to work in 1.0.
I've added `options KTRACE' to my config file and recompiled, and
ktrace.o seems to be included in the kernel, but I get a core dump
due to an "invalid system call." I recompiled ktrace, ran it again,
did a stack backtrace in gdb, and found that it is indeed the
ktrace() system call that it's blowing up on.

I started to poke around the kernel source code to see what's up,
but I'm not familiar with the system call mechanism, and so this
is a bit beyond me. Can anyone help me out?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.