Subject: I need a 1.0 kernel w/ PPP
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/1995 16:16:36
Hello, I just finished installing the absolute minimum of netbsd-1.0 on my
386.  I would have done more, but I have only a 45 meg drive.  My
problem is that the kernel which ships with 1.0 seems to have no ppp
support in it.  I was wondering if some kind soul could either build a
kernel with that support for me, or pass theirs over if it had ppp
built in.  I also need support for the Etherlink ethernet card.

I realize most of you are not running 1.0, and that 1.1 is almost out,
but this machine is uspposed to be gateway to the world and a means by
which to net-install a full system on my hp300.  In light of that, I
would rather get it up now than get a better system later as once I
get it up, I can get the hp up, and then I can upgrade the 386.

Thanks in advance for any help.

also, are their collections of kernels anywhere?  I know the amiga
port has a stock-pile at ftp.uni-regensburg.de, but I dont know of any
such sites for the i386 port, and I did not find anything at
ftp.iastate.edu, ftp.netbsd.org, ftp.eecs.umich.edu, or ftp.wasabi.com

Thanks again

Bart Niswonger

   Bartholomew Niswonger
   bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu               Voice:..........312.955.2746

   CS Student...............University of Chicago
   Programmer...............Biological Sciences Division/Academic Computing
   Projects.................CGI/HTML & Databases
   OS of choice.............NetBSD {Amiga, hp300, i386}