Subject: Re: Recent snapshot of boot and installation floppies
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@cloud9.net>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1995 16:37:07
Hi Thor,

> I don't know how the issue could have gotten confused, but the boot floppies
> on ftp.wasabi.com are *not* from cgd's May 15 snapshot.  Not, not, not.  No
> two ways about it.  To begin with, Chris didn't even *build* a "kcbt" floppy,

I apologize, because I guessed that this might be the case!

Sorry!!!

The file dates of the root and installation-disk are different from the rest of
the distribution. The installation using these two disks fails in exactly
the same way on my system as using the disks made by Chris. These two incidents
made me guess that the installation disks had been copied over from the 1.0A
"distribution" Chris made. It was supported by these two files have 10A in
their names, which all the other files don't have. I apologize again.

> because it was thoguht at the time that a single GENERIC kernel would correctly
> work on aha and bt controllers, which is now known not to be the case.
>
> I have been quite busy and somewhat remiss in building new snapshots to put
> up for FTP.  When the current SUP chaos calms down, I'll do so ASAP.

It will be greatly appreaciated  :-)

Again, sorry for the trouble and thanx for your effort in making (unofficial)
shnapshot releases. They are really a great help.

  Guenther