Subject: Re: Recent snapshot of boot and installation floppies
To: None <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
From: Jarle Fredrik Greipsland <jarle@idt.unit.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1995 02:45:01
In article <"iraun1.ira.097:10.10.95.21.15.04"@ira.uka.de>, Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de> writes:
> FYI, I have an AIC6360 SCSI chip and want to install NetBSD on a
> 1Gig hd connected to this adaptec adapter. Booting from floppy is
> fine, drive and controller are recognized, but every access to the
> hd ends up in: aic6360(0,6,0) timed out message :-(.
Does the timeout messages start arriving right after the kernel
enables interrupts? (i.e. right after it prints something like
"biomask 4840 netmask 200 ttymask 1a").  If so, the above behavior is
very consistent with a mismatch between the IRQ configured into the
kernel and what is actually being used on the motherboard.  I suggest
that you either reconfigure your hardware (jumpers and/or BIOS
settings) if possible, or build a new kernel with the proper
interrupts configured.

					-jarle
--
    Aleph-0 bottles of beer on the wall, aleph-0 bottles of beer; take
    one down and pass it around, aleph-0 bottles of beer on the wall...