Subject: Nasty evil stair-stepping xterms
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@Synopsys.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/1995 21:28:49
Heyyo,

I've recently grabbed the latest source tarballs and recompiled the world
on both my personal PC and work Sparc 2.

I've found that my xterms on my PC all have the stair-stepping problem (i.e.
no such thing as a carriage return, just newline).  The Sparc xterms work
fine.

Full-text console works fine.

The problem doesn't go away if I change the $TERM variable (if that means
anything).

Help!  (This is highly annoying to look at)

-- Rob
Internet:  windsor@synopsys.com
Life:      Rob@NCS.Synopsys.Mountain_View.California.USA.Earth

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'