Subject: [Help] el0 interface problems
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin BRADLEY <fox@CS.McGill.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/1995 02:37:44
Hi.

  I just picked up another machine here, a 486/33, and installed 1.0
  on it. Works nicely.

  I got ahold of 2 network cards, 8-bit ISA things. My friend claims
  that they're 3c501's, but the only thing on the card is a sticker
  that says "Ether 2000".

  Anyways. I built some kernels, and got the card recognized as

    el0 at isa0 port 0x300-0x303 irq 9el0: address 02:60:8c:d0:17:7d

  so the kernel [apparently] likes the card.

  Now, I can't get the local net going, because there's no man page
  for the el0 interface! it's not there! look yourselves! (keep in
  mind, these are both 1.0 systems - have things changed in -current?)

  I've played with ifconfig till the cows come home, but no dice.

  If anyone could point me to the link? options or other docs on
  this interface, please give me a mail.

Thanks, Colin.

--
Colin Bradley