Subject: Re: do we need Mitsumi support in the pre-built floppy images?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: quantum <brettw@io.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1995 13:39:37
On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Well, along with Thor Simon, I'm a partner in Wasabi Informatics,
> Inc., which currently plans to offer a NetBSD CD-ROM -- we are
> currently targetting a ship date for the first one within a week or so
> of the 1.1 release.

Cool!

> PS What other ports can be booted from floppy images? For us, an ideal
> situation would be to include floppy images for Sparc and other
> systems on the same CD. (Unfortunately, trying to direct boot a 9660
> CD on a Sparc is a futile effort...)

I run NetBSD on my PC clone and my Amiga 3000.  I boot the Amiga install
from floppies.  If you guys (Wasabi) can, please include the Amiga boot
disks and disk-generating utility on your CD-ROM.  Thanks!

Also, are you guys (Wasabi) working on an install front-end of any sort
--- maybe akin to the Slackware Linux (boo-hiss) stuff?  I was wondering
whether the default shell on the install floppies supports ANSI
color/positioning control code.  If so, a fairly generic, but slick and
colorful, install script could be created to work on all supported
platforms.

Brett Wooldridge | "I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important
brettw@io.com    |  operating system, and possibly program, of all time."
                 \____                                  -- Bill Gates
IBM Taligent Team     \
brettw@austin.ibm.com | Amiga3K-NetBSD <=== ethernet ===> 486/100Mhz-Warp