Subject: Re: Suggestions for easing 1.1 i386 installations
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Alan Barrett <barrett@iafrica.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1995 15:12:28
> FreeBSD has a "-c option at boot time, which apparantly puts you in a config
> menu where you can list and modify all the IRQ's and IO addresses for all
> the devices configured in the kernel (I'm not sure of the details myself,
> since I've never seen it).

I've seen it, and it looked very useful.  You type "-c" at the boot
prompt, and it drops into a configuration menu where, for each device
configured into the kernel, you can modify most of (all?) the parameters
that would usually be specified in the kernel config file -- memory or IO
address, interrupt number, SCSI ID, flags, etc.  Then it remembers the new
settings for next time you boot.

--apb (Alan Barrett)