Subject: Re: New snapshot, more stuff on ftp.wasabi.com.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/05/1995 09:55:16

> I just built another i386 snapshot (this one with the real syslog(3) patch
> from the soruce tree, not Perry's first cut at it) and put it on ftp.wasabi.com.
>
> Curt's 1.0 patched binaries are also now there.
>

> Thor

Just wondering, a friend and I tried to install this current snapshot on my
486 that was running 1.0 last night -- with disastrous results.  We unpacked
the base tar OK, and then moved the new kernel image into place.

Booting into single-user went fine, but trying to mount my existing
established SCSI drive failed.  A time-out error.  Not wanting to go any
further, we restored 1.0 (after a lot of work--backing up by tape was
crashing the system so we decided to wing it.  I love UNIX) to its
original self and things are back to normal.

No changes were made to the SCSI chain before current or after.  I really
only have the card (Adaptec 1522) and the drive (Fujitsu).

Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?!