Subject: Unisys U6000/50 ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/1995 17:39:37
I've inherited a Unisys U6000/50, and I'd like to try to get NetBSD
running on it. It's essentially a 386/20, in a rather large case, that
used to run some form of AT&T SysV UNIX. It's got what I assume is a
custom SCSI Phoenix BIOS that doesn't appear to recognize IDE
controllers. I have an IDE/floppy controller in it that I'm using to
boot the 1.0 kernel and install floppies, but I can't do much from
there since no hard drives are recognized. To quote from the manuals:
'The SCSI interface uses the Western Digital WD33C93 controller
configured as a host initiator and additional logic controlling the
SCSI DMA process.'. It'd be nice if I could get it to recognize an IDE
drive to install, and then think about playing with the SCSI
controller... Any suggestions on how to proceed?

--
	       Michael K. Sanders :: msanders@confusion.net
      Free your system, and your mind will follow. NetBSD, free UN*X.

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
 time taught the killing game herself