Subject: EISA machine that only sees 16MB
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/1995 23:21:37
I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Compaq Prosignia 300 EISA,PCI machine.

The problem is that it can only see 16Mb of it's memory. I guess this is
the same problem that various other EISA machines have, with normal means
they declare only 16Mb of memory and you are supposed to go thru EISA
bios to get the real amount.

What can I do to make this work ? I allready tried hardcoding values to
bootter and kernel but it resulted in a kernel that crashed before it
printed out the memory amounts.

Ps: installer wont play with me as it tries to use mount_ufs which is not
present and it also writes fstab entries that has 'ufs' in them.

--
 Jarkko.Torppa@cute.fi     +358-0-648090          Cute Communications Oy