Subject: Re: Multiserial boards ?
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@iic.net>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/1995 00:00:37
In Message <Pine.BSD.3.91.950830223714.10339A-100000@dream.future.net> ,
   "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@iic.net> wrote:

=>On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, Gary D. Duzan wrote:
=>
=>> In Message <199508301908.OAA01115@mailhost.onramp.net> ,
=>>    Ben Lindsey <blindsey@Onramp.NET> wrote:
=>>
=>> =>
=>> =>Can NetBSD do 115200bps data rates for v.34 modems?
=>>
=>>    Yep, doing it now with PPP and a plain 16550. Mind you, I don't
=>> run it full speed all the time, but I get bursts up to 96 kbps when
=>> downloading named info, and news active files come down at around
=>> 70-75 kbps.
=>how did you setup this up for dialup PPP?  are you doing this with
=>multiserial card?
=>
   I have a script to call pppd:

#!/bin/sh

(exec /usr/sbin/pppd defaultroute connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/totiac' lock noipdefault mtu 512 modem crtscts tty00 115200) &

   and a chat script file:

ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' '' \ratz OK at at\r\r\nOK atd2767301 ogin: **** assword: \q****** begin

   No, I'm not using a multiserial card, just the COM port on my
DECpc MTE, which has a 16550 and is connected to a Motorola Power 28.8.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts