Subject: xterm beautification?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jack Patton <jpatton@net20.intserv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1995 15:46:27
Hi,
 I would like to be able to use some of the spiffy fonts that come with
X11R6 in xterm. The problem is this, when I fire up xterm thusly:

xterm -rv -fn -adobe-helvetica-bold-o-normal--14-140-75-75-p-82-iso8859-1

 It comes up and the font is great, but the character spacing is messed
up and tabs dont seem to display properly. From what I have gathered I
can only use "fixed" fonts with xterm.
 What I want to know is this:
Is there a way to use non-fixed fonts with xterm whre they display properly?
If not, is there a nice "fixed" set of helvetica, etc. fonts someplace?
Or is there another term I can use that will diplay non-fixed fonts properly?

Thanks,

Jack