Subject: Re: Anyone using a 3c589 in a laptop?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1995 08:41:10
Yeah.  I am using one with Stefan Grefen's PCMCIA code (version 0.7.2).  I
had to modify the code a bit to get it to work with the latest/greatest
-current and I modified the ep driver slightly to allow it to detach and
re-attach cleanly.  I still have to manually attach and detach it, and I
can't suspend the laptop when it's on, or else NetBSD will wedge when it
comes out of suspend and tries to access the net.  But other than that it
works fine.

Later today I'll send you a copy of the diffs I sent to Stefan.  (They're
on another machine.)  I have called 3Com to get technical docs and I hope
to tweak the driver to do power management better.  (But I haven't received
the docs yet.)  I'll also send you my "neton" and "netoff" scripts so you
can see how I config it.

Dave