Subject: Re: PCVT vs. XFree86 3.1.x
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/1995 14:35:44
>From the keyboard of Mark_Weaver@brown.edu:

> Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:
> > I do, however have a problem with 3.1.2 and the Mach32 server...  when I go
> > back to a text window, the graphics mode is incorrect and I get the
> > out-of-sync text smeared and wrapped about my screen.  Anyone else get
> > this?
>
> I have the same problem under 3.1.2/Mach32/PCVT-3.30/NetBSD-current-Aug-11.

After talking with Joerg about this problem, it looks like the Mach 32 server
code has a bug.

In general, Xfree86 has the complete control and knowledge of storing and
restoring the VGA Chip registers and (!) clock generator values, so pcvt is
not involved in this process.

I strongly recommend getting in contact with the Xfree86 team to fix this.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                       "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)