Subject: pcvt reports
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1995 22:36:52
Well, PCVT_UPDLED_LOSES_INTR didn't work right away; some minor changes
(i.e. call pcintr instead of pcrint) were necessary to get it to compile.
After compilation, it panic'ed (timeout table full) during boot.

Putting:
options PCVT_NO_LED_UPDATE=1
in my config file works for now, though.

I didn't try changing keyboards (I have another here); I could do that if
anyone thinks it would be useful.

Another issue:  After running X, if you try and change consoles, it doesn't
work; it hangs the system.  After exiting, it doesn't work, either.
Sometimes it won't change to 132-column mode.. well, it tries, and I get a
very wierd wrapping effect (about 20 cols, very large font) and makes a
"I can't sync myself" whine. Converting back to 80 columns works.

This is with the XFree86 3.1.1 binary package.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Deal with evil through strength, yet encourage good through trust.    - PGP me