Subject: Re: com 1.59 code
To: None <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@eagle.dol-esa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/1995 11:13:36
> What results are other people having with the 1.59 com driver?

I have a very old dumb terminal that I use as a serial console.  It
does not work with com.c 1.59.  I have tried every combination of
``local'', ``rtscts'', ``mdmbuf'', and ``softcar'' in /etc/ttys to no
avail.  The symptoms are very weird.  If I add a /bin/sh user with no
startup scripts they can log in, but not use "more" or anything else
that opens /dev/tty because the connection will hang until break is
pressed.  "root" can log but I get a C-shell prompt that echos
characters but does not process commands.  If break is pressed you can
elict another shell prompt, but that's about it.  Processes get stuck
in either "ttyin" or "ttyout".  I didn't have time to investigate very
deeply, I just went back to com.c 1.56 which works fine.